Church Facility Use Policy & Request Form
The facilities and equipment of Church on the Rise are available to the members, ministries, and small groups of Church on the Rise, other Christian ministries and community organizations that are compatible with the goals of the church. In keeping with our mission to minister to our community, the following guidelines for the use of church facilities have been established as an extension of our stewardship of the resources God has placed in our care, and for uses that are consistent with the mission and ministry of Church on the Rise.
Facility use will not be permitted to persons or groups holding, advancing, advocating beliefs, or engaging in practices, including selling, that conflict with the church’s faith or moral teachings as summarized in the church’s constitution, bylaws and doctrinal statement. Facilities may not be used for activities that contradict or are deemed by church leadership as inconsistent with the church’s faith or moral teachings.
Each use of church facilities may be subject to a use and maintenance fee commensurate with the size and scope of the facility being used.
Church Facility Use Guidelines
In general, the Facility User shall not injure or deface the facilities or furnishings and shall not permit others to do so. In addition, the following guidelines shall be followed by all Facility Users and their guests:
- The use of tobacco products, alcoholic beverages, and illegal drugs on church property is strictly prohibited.
- Groups are restricted to only those areas of the facility the group has reserved. All other rooms shall be locked and are not to be used.
- The moving of furniture and equipment shall not be allowed without prior written consent from Church on the Rise. Should permission be granted and noted as part of the agreement, all furniture and equipment shall be returned to their original location and configuration.
- The sale of general merchandise (including books, CD’s, etc.) on church premises is not allowed without specific permission and written approval of Church on the Rise.
- Clean up of all areas of the facilities used shall be the responsibility of the Facility User; otherwise, a janitorial fee will apply.
- All events shall terminate at the agreed upon time (no later than 7PM for Saturday events).
- Church functions will always hold priority in the event of a conflict.
- Church on the Rise reserves the right to terminate an event at any time, if in the opinion of church leadership, the agreement is being violated. Further, Church on the Rise does not relinquish control of its facilities in any way.
- Facility User waives any rights and claims for damages against Church on the Rise and agrees to hold harmless Church on the Rise, its officers and agents from and against any and all claims, demands, actions, counsel fees and other costs.
- If the Facility User should be required to produce a certificate of insurance, it shall cover the “Hold Harmless” clause and name Church on the Rise as an additional insured, providing limits of not less than $1,000,000 total liability arising from any one incident.
Church Facility Reservation Request
Church on the Rise will respond to each request with approval, denial, or further questions within 3-5 business days.